Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What is your desk weirdness?



I just recently moved desks to make room for a new guy that starts tomorrow. (They wanted him sitting close to his supervisor… blah blah blah :) Anyways, I learned something in this process…. Every one of us has something that we tend to store up at our desk. I moved into Sameer's old desk and inherited his collection of white-out (7 different kinds in all), pencil lead (10 different kinds including four different colors), and a mass load of clear push pins (my guess is between 75 and 100, but I failed to count… sorry :) After clearing out his collections, which I found really weird, I realized I was moving in my own collections. To be specific, I have a collection of Post-Its (7 different types) and I also tend to hoard binder clips… I love the things and I have no idea why, as it is I have three boxes of them in my desk right now :) So the question is… what type of office supply are you currently building your own collection of?

Oh yes, and I also inherited something else from Sameer…. It's a glass mug with a picture of a sailboat and the name "Wayne" on it. If you ever happen to meet Wayne, let him know that I have his mug :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!

And I believe mine is post it notes as well because I have every type imaginable:

lined
8 different colors
small
medium
large
flower shaped (3 different colors)
one's with my name on them
and many more!

Anonymous said...

OK, collecting binder clips does not really count as obsessive because when you are doing a lot of work with reports and such, people frequently send you thick stacks held together with the things and when you no longer need the report, the clip still retains virtually all of its original functional life and it would be a shame to throw it away and add to overcrowding of landfills, so I don't want to hear any smack about people who might appear to be hording them, because this is really just environmentally friendly, tree-hugging, decent behavior and these people should be praised and not ridiculed for it, and besides, binder clips are pretty darn cool.

erin vanv said...

I collect binder clips and post-it notes as well. They both are actually really useful along with boxes of staples...

I also collect dry white-out that breaks and so I go get another one that doesn't work, empty mechanical pencils because I pretend I'm going to fill them eventually when really I just go get a new pencil, and highlighters that I always leave open on my desk and they dry out.

Oh, and stacks of engineering paper. Because I pretend I'm going to do engineering calculations when really I just take notes on it.

Anonymous said...

Please stop using pictures of my apartment on your blog...