Monday, September 18, 2006

Great Weekend

Things I learned this weekend in San Antonio-

1) Putting on a wedding dress does not a beauty make.... I got my dress this weekend ( yay!) and I put it on and I was disappointed. I suppose the dress did not adequately make up for the lack of concealer on my face, the lack of attention to my hair, and the fact that I didn't sleep as much as I should have. I put it on again last night and was much happier with the results :)

2) Pottery Barn Outlet is quite possibly the best place ever to buy furniture.... I'll have to go back there when Nate and I get a house :)

3) If you drop your car off for service and tell them to call you when it's done, an hour and a half brake job and a 20 minute oil change will take a total of 10 hours (not even kidding). Side note, calling to ask about the progress of the car will do little to speed up this process.

4) Every dress made by White HouseBlack Market is cute and fits me perfectly. AND they have an outlet in San Marcos... I bought my dress for leaving the reception there this weekend :)

5) Pottery Barn now markets paint colors. Through Benjamin Moore, you can find all of the colors used by Pottery Barn in their catalogs. This is GREAT because you get to see that color wall in a real sized room in the catalog and have a better feel for what it will look like in your home. This was info I got from my sister-in-law Amy and I fully intend to use it when Nate and I start painting his place :)

6) My niece has way more of my brother in her than is probably good... sorry Amy :)

7) My niece has two new loves.... shiny things and yanking at your hair and putting it into her mouth.


It was a great weekend including wedding dress fun, outlet shopping, going to the Aggie game and just hanging out with my family. I am so blessed to have them :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again, i learn so much from you Abby!