Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Me versus the spiders..... round 4

So for the fourth time in the last two weeks, I have been greeted in the morning by a gigantic spider chilling in my room. I get up this morning, start to walk to the bathroom and squint towards the door and notice yet another one. Helpful hint... If you notice a spider (with no movement involved) out of the corner of your eye in the dark when you just woke up and it's 5:30 in the morning... the spider is way too stinkin big!!! But that's how all of these ones are.... I've been describing them to people as silver dollar sized and I'm sorry to say that it isn't an exaggeration. Anyhoo, so I proceeded to tiptoe past him without turning on the lights (don't want him to catch on) and got the Raid and sprayed the living daylights out of him (I hope). He did manage to make it under the bed (dude was FAST and made it across the room under a constant stream of household poison) but I am going to assume that the Raid has to have killed him... it's either that or not sleep :P

A benefit though is that I have gotten less and less girly about it..... Spider 1 was an easy kill, spider 2 was blocking me into the bathroom but I hopped over him, got the raid and sprayed him to death, spider 3 approached me just as I stepped out of the tub so I calmly put a towel on and, you guessed it, got the Raid and sprayed that sucker down. I used to freak out and not want to hop over/ walk near/ get dressed infront of a bug... It seems I have evolved :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Abby! As an old roommate and bug killer, I could not be prouder. :)

Liz said...

Yes, I am very impressed Abby! Spiders and me have never gotten along. As you would say, "I had a bad experience!" Way to go on defeating your foe.

erin vanv said...

I didn't know Raid killed spiders....

Anonymous said...

Raid kills about everything... so far tested on spider, roaches, june bugs, lizards, crickets, and this weird flying thing that I have no idea what it is, but I feel better when it's dead :)