Monday, September 11, 2006

Summit Annoyances

Soooooo, I was all geared up for Summit Hoe Down this year... ready to jitterbug with Stan and two-step with all my buddies. I scheduled my wedding showers around it... seriously. I ran into Stan at church and he was like " Are you coming to hoe down??" and I said "Yeah, Oct 28th, right?" and he said..." No, they changed it to Nov 4th this week"

Ummmm, ok... that would be the date of my ONLY out of town shower. I hate how they do this. I planned around the retreat last year and two weeks before, they changed the date and I couldn't go. (they also changed the how down date last year among others) Practically the only event they didn't try to change the date on last year was the New Year's Eve party.... that one they just kept going back and forth btwn cancelled and not cancelled until we ended up planning the whole thing with two weeks or so of notice. ARG!! I will not be sorry to leave the disorganization behind.... Now where will I wear my new cowboy hat?

4 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Can I borrow your hat?

Anonymous said...

a consideration, but I think I'm going to wear it to my shower instead as my own little form of mourning...

leslie said...

i'm with you on lack of info on summit stuff!

erin vanv said...

Maybe they knew you bought your cowboy hat in Canada...

On another note, I was excited last year that I moved just in time to avoid having to go to the hoe down...