Friday, December 07, 2007

Goin' Cruisin'

Nate and I leave tomorrow for our cruise and I am SO PUMPED!!! It really didn't come quickly enough. Although, I'm sure after it's over I'll say that it didn't last long enough :P Anyhoo, this pre-planned vacation brings up a very interesting dilemma...... sea sickness + morning sickness could be VERY interesting :) Because of this, I am bringing something with me on the cruise that I affectionately refer to as my "arsenal". I'm not really one to get sea sick, but I figure it might exacerbate the morning sickness and it's probably wise to at least be prepared. Contained within my arsenal....

~ Saltine crackers... alot of them since they calm my stomach
~ "Preggy pops"- known to combat morning sickness
~ Ginger candy.... hate the taste, but they are worth it if they work
~ A whole bum load of mints- which have proven to calm my stomach instantly
~ Sea sickness acupressure bands- they have also proven to calm my stomach within 5 minutes of putting them on
~ Last, but not least, prescription sea sickness patches from my OB

If you want to have an interesting mental picture, imagine me using all of them at one time :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Klink said...

how fun! where are you going?

Anonymous said...

Imagine you being prepared :)

Abby said...

Em-
Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and the Bahamas. It's a tough life, but someone has to lead it :)

Mom- :P