Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hooked


So, Christmas was hectic, but a lot of fun :) I didn't exactly feel well rested when I came back to work yesterday and strangely enough the day of work yesterday gave me more rest than I had gotten the entire break :P This was likely my last "fantasy" Christmas for a long time. By that I mean, everyone was here for Christmas and I didn't have to have Christmas morning without my parents or brother or Amy or the kids or any of Nate's family (save Ray). It's going to be really hard for me next year depending how the chips fall... I could easily see a Christmas with just me, Nate and the baby. Since junior won't be old enough to appreciate Christmas yet, I think that scenario would depress me mightily. Well, we all have to grow up eventually.. but couldn't I have a few more years? :P

Anyhoo, part of what Amy and Ben got me this year was a book called Baby Bargains. I had never seen it before but as Amy described it and as I looked through it I came to find that it was basically a Consumer Reports book an all things baby. Things such as bedding and cribs and strollers are given rankings based on other mom's experiences and professional research. It tells you the best place to buy, the pros and cons of each brand, what to include on a registry and in every category, from furniture to clothing to diapers, it tells you ways to save money as well as common money wasting items that you don't need (like a separate cradle, or a baby quilt). It is pretty much AWESOME!! I spent a couple of hours going through it last night and am still totally overwhelmed by the amount of information in there. I can't wait til I have more time to go through it...... hmmmmm, perhaps I will need a package of Post-it flags for that little adventure :)

1 comment:

Tabaitha said...

that is an awesome book. i wish i would have known about that when i was pregnant with mason. i plan to buy a copy soon. i was overwhelmed with all things baby until the last few weeks.