Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Growth Chart

I thought you guys might be interested in this... it is part of an email that I get every week telling me what is going on in my body and the baby's... I find it fascinating. It definitely makes me wonder how people can justify abortion by saying that the embryo is not a baby until born. In the first couple of weeks, here is what happened....

~ The baby's heart is completely formed and begins to beat a steady rhythm in week 5 (aka, 1 wk after your missed period)
~ The skeleton, lungs, jaw, nose, hands, feet and brain have begun to form

As for the week ending today...

What is happening with your baby?
At this point every essential organ has begun to form in the embryo's tiny body. The hair follicles are forming, and the eyelids and tongue have begun formation. The elbows and toes are more visible as the trunk begins to straighten out.

How big is your baby?
Your baby is approximately ¾ of an inch long by the end of this week and weighs less than an aspirin.

1 comment:

Tabaitha said...

Isn't it amazing? God's hands have given you guys a beautiful gift. Wait until you start to feel the baby move, there is nothing like it.