Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Time Has Come

I wasn't going to do this today (as you can tell from the lame offering below) but I decided it's time to have a bit of honesty with my blog readers. Well, that and I can't blog what I want to without telling you this and I'm tired of having to search for things to write about when I have such great material waiting in the wings :P So here it goes.... I'm pregnant :) As of tomorrow I will be exactly 7 weeks along. Nate and I are thrilled!! If you are wondering, this was planned and not an oops :) I am due on July 26, 2008 and I will find out at the end of February whether it will be a boy or a girl.

While we are very excited, we are also aware that we are only where we are because of God's blessing and that he may or may not have it in his plan for us to have this child. Soooooo, we would ask for your prayers to mirror ours that if it is God's will that he will allow me to carry the baby to term and deliver a healthy child. By mid January, I will be out of the most dangerous phase for miscarriages and we are just trusting God with the life and health of our child during that time and hopefully 6 months after that.. and years and years after that :)

10 comments:

Liz said...

Yayyyy, congrats Abby! I actually heard it through the grapevine at church (news travels fast at HFBC!) but wanted to wait to say anything until you announced it on your blog! Haha! Branden and I are so excited for you guys!

Steph said...

CONGRATULATIONS! that is the Best news! so excited for yall!

Mrs. Klink said...

woo hoo! that is so exciting!!

Laurie said...

That is awesome! I'm praying for you and the baby. Woo hoo!

Tabaitha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is so exciting! I will be praying for you guys that God will watch over you. The first trimester seems to be the slowest, but once you get past that, it's fun.

Sarah D said...

Congrats!!!!

Jen said...

Congrats!!! Does that mean you get out of Bayou Woods also? :) Aw, this is the first Lighthouse baby from our LH era.

Abby said...

Thanks you guys! You are all so sweet :) Jen- I like it in Bayou Woods! I'll be sad to go, but we'e thinking about moving maybe this time next year.

Anonymous said...

abby, first, congrats! so excited for you and nate! second, i wanted to say i am very encouraged with the mindset you and Nate have concerning your little one. recently, God has been teaching me that not every baby will reach full term AND that is still part of his perfect will. i will be praying God's blessings on your little one ;)--liz hodges

Ulovebeth said...

GEEEZ! Miss reading a blog for a few days and look what happens!!
Congratulations to you and Nate!