Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safe, Dry, and Mooching Like Crazy :)

Hey peeps. This is just to let you know that Nate and I are fine, our house is standing and didn't even have a window broken in the storm. Our fence was not so fortunate.... it's completely knocked down. We feel blessed though that the fence was the worst of the damage. We spent last night in our interior bathroom with 6 couch cushions, a ton of baby supplies, and Micah sleeping on Nate's chest.

My parents are one of the few people in all of Houston who have had power today, so we are bunking with them and eating their food :) When I say "few", I mean that 2.1 million of Centerpoint's 2.2 million customers are without power, so we are truly blessed. Anyhoo, Nate and I are hoping that our power returns soon, but the official Centerpoint stance is that we should be prepared to go up to 4 weeks without power, so we'll see :P


post signature

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

If you need a place to stay in Dallas, I have a couch. :)