Monday, December 01, 2008

A little problem

At the beginning of this pre-holiday shopping season, I had two items in particular that I knew I wanted to find. I wanted to buy a nativity set and I wanted to buy an advent calendar. Easy enough, right? Well, I found a nativity that I really like at the Nutcracker Market... SCORE! Now I just had to find the perfect advent and I was good to go. Well, Target happened to put advents on sale yesterday, just in time for December 1st. I rushed out to get mine and found this little gem. It's cute.... maybe not the advent of my dreams, but I liked it and it came at the right price and the right time :)


As I sat filling the compartments last night and getting excited about my very first advent calendar, I noticed something a little.... off. Go back up and look at the picture... can you find what is wrong with this advent calendar? It is subtle, but it makes a bit of a difference :P Anyhoo, I will be returning it today and I have to say... this whole experience has sort of taken the fun and urgency out of my "need" for an Advent calendar. I think I am just going to wait until I find one that I am crazy about, even if it takes a couple of years :) I hope when I do find it that it has slightly better craftsmanship than the gem pictured above :P
For those of you non-Where's Waldo types that may be having trouble finding the problem in this picture, let's just say that I don't know what things December 15th will bring and I'm not sure I will want to live it twice :P


post signature

4 comments:

Me said...

Too funny! I was looking at all of the characters to see if they left someone out! I have a porcelain nativity set that I bought years ago and either Joseph was a shepherd, or they left him out all together! I didn't realize it until I was setting it up and decided he could just be holding the shepherd's staff for him or something! I got a cute advent calendar similar to that one at Target a few years ago, but they managed to get all of the days right!

The Goods said...

What a bummer! I have always wanted an advent calendar as well...esp when we have kids to put a treat or a note inside each box.

I actually thought it was missing day 25 until I saw it at the top..hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Otherwise it's really cute:)
Gran

Nancy Mon said...

Two 15th's might mean two pay days. I would love that. Oh, I know Nate from COC and I lurk your blog. Love it!