Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great is Thy.... Thankfulness?

Funny thing about blogs.... there are certain givens when it comes to posting in the blog world. By this I mean that bloggers desperate for material have certain topics that they will jump on gratefully when the opportunity presents itself. That is why the vast majority of blogs had a voting post on November 4th and why now you are reading my Thanksgiving post :)

Nate and I are leaving this afternoon to go to Kansas to spend Thanksgiving with his family! We are taking Micah on a plane for the second time and we are braving the crazy holiday travel season. Because of this, I need to do my Thanksgiving post today as I will likely not post again until next week. So.... here goes~

I've always thought it was sort of corny to go around and say what you were thankful for. Well, I was wrong :) To be fair, I was also a kid and more concerned with the pie than the thought behind it. Now, I enjoy having a designated day that really makes you think of all that God has done for you and the ways that he has blessed you. I am challenging myself to remember more often what He has done for me and live my life out in gratitude to Christ. Anyhoo, here are a few things I am thankful for :)

~ God sent his only son Jesus to earth to be ridiculed, rejected, and murdered. All of this to save people who did not and will never deserve His grace. He provided salvation and He continues to extend His grace to us daily.

~ Micah! What a blessing to be given a healthy, (mostly) happy baby! He brings joy into our lives that we never could have imagined.

~ Nate! God has given me such a patient, loving, servant-hearted husband and I am so thankful for Him every day!

~ My amazing family whom I love and cherish.

~ I have to give special props to my mom here. She has provided support and friendship my entire life, and she is helping me learn how to be a mom.

~ I am thankful that in this economy, Nate still has a job and that the Lord has blessed us with the resources for me to stay home. I am grateful that he has continued to provide for us in a way that allows us to continue to care for others.

~ Finally, I am thankful for sweet potatoes with marshmallows baked on top.... mmmmmm, yummy ;-)


post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I wipe the tears out of my eyes(you are so sweet), I have to say be thankful that you are not in Katy for Thanksgiving as I am making Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole (no marshmallows!)