Monday, February 09, 2009

Highly Recommended

Nate and I spent the majority of our Saturday at the Kingland Baptist Parent Summit and I have to say.... it was AWESOME! I am so glad that we went! The speakers were Kurt and Olivia Bruner who have written numerous Christian parenting books and have an amazingly creative approach to raising children with a heart for the Lord. They did the general sessions which were so interesting and helpful and we had two breakout sessions of our own choosing. We went to one about the baby and toddler years of raising a child and one that went over what Kingsland calls their milestone program. I am so glad that we did it! It was really inexpensive and full of amazing insight.

Anyhoo, the next Parent Summit is on Sept 26th of this year and we are planning on going again and taking some different breakout sessions. If you have kids, you should join us! Put it on your calendar NOW.... this will bless you so much and give you the advice you need to start healthy parenting habits right from the start :)


post signature

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man that sounds awesome! We did a conference right before Evan was born, but I'd love to do another one. Maybe we'll join you in September.

Laurie said...

Random comment here: I was at HFBC yesterday morning for a meeting and saw Micah get rolled by with his buddies in the little red cart. He was hands-down the cutest one in the bunch. :)

Abby said...

Ooooo, that'd be fun Amy!

Laurie~ I know.. it's so unfair to the other kid's parents that he's SO cute. I just hope he uses his good looks for a noble purpose... like getting ahead in life :)

Tabaitha said...

Isn't the Parent Summit amazing? Adam & I went when we dedicated Mason and my parents were at the same Summit you went to this weekend. My dad & I talked about it for an hour and he got so much out of it, from the standpoint of a grandfather and soon-to-be father of a teenager again once the adoption process is complete.