Monday, September 21, 2009

19 Weeks


Lynn asked me Saturday night why I hadn't been posting belly pics with this pregnancy.... the answer (of course) was that I have been too lazy and have forgotten to take them! I feel like I popped out really fast with this pregnancy and then have stayed the same size for a LONG time. Well, I seem to finally be getting somewhat bigger, so these pics might become interesting again :) Today marks 19 weeks for Elizabeth!
At 19 weeks, Lizzie is continuing to grow and the development that is occurring is very specific. The kidneys are making urine, and hair is beginning to sprout on her scalp. The parts of her brain that are responsible for the senses are specializing. Lizzie is now the size of a juicy juicy mango (that's for you mom ;-)
Oh, and I forgot to ever mention the results of my Micah poll. In asking him daily whether he thought he was getting a little sister or a little brother, a clear leader began to take form a few weeks in. Elizabeth won by a landslide... yay for Micah!

post signature

3 comments:

dad said...

It's amazing to think that just a few weeks ago Lizzy was the size of a mosquito bite!

Abby said...

haha ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the picture :). When I saw your title "19 Weeks" I was thinking that maybe you'd have a picture with it this time. It was fun seeing you guys and playing Quelf.