Monday, December 07, 2009

30 Weeks!

WOW. I am 75% of the way through my pregnancy if I go all 40 weeks! I am personally aiming to make it to 38 weeks but not 39 weeks... we'll see ;)

I thought I would use my weekly update to ask for some prayer from you guys. Saturday night I went to bed feeling fine and woke up 2 hours later very nauseated with sharp pains in my abdomen and contractions every couple of minutes. The contractions lasted somewhere between 3 and 4 hours and gave me quite a scare. They weren't getting any more intense so I was fairly sure they were Braxton Hicks, but they were so regular and lasted so long that I began to worry that I might be having this baby more than 7 weeks before full term. Anyhoo, if you think about it please pray for me and Elizabeth. That God would protect her and allow her to stay inside until she is fully developed and that he would give me wisdom on things I can avoid (in the case of this weekend, foods I should avoid... not sure what I ate but YOWSERS) that will keep episodes like this at bay. Thanks :)

Anyhoo, Lizzie is 30 weeks along as of today and her eyes are becoming more mature, and now she can tell the difference between light and dark. She can even follow a light source with her eyes. She is now the size of a head of lettuce (only less ball shaped :P ) and is 15 inches long and about 3 pounds!

Signature

3 comments:

Katie said...

Definitely be praying for you both. I had Braxton Hicks from about 30 weeks all the way until Maddie was born at 40-on the day. I don't want that for you. Take it easy friend!

Kelli said...

Dear Lizzie - Praying that you stay put for SEVERAL more weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying for you and Lizzie!