Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best Christmas Present..... EVER!

On Christmas morning, my mom, Amy and I stuffed stockings and then ushered kiddos upstairs so that all the stockings could all be laid out for the start of gifts. My mom brought the stockings out and set them around the room while Ben and I took pictures before half of the stockings were ravaged by toddlers :) When I got to the chair with my family's stockings, I saw Micah's and Nate's and mine and after about 15 seconds of staring, I realized that there was a fourth. That's when I locked eyes with this little beauty~

OH MY GOSH! Ok, here's the deal, my mom made my stocking 26 yrs ago along with my brother's. She has made Amy, Nate, Micah, Elena, Evan, Asher, my dad and finally herself one too. They are awesome and mean so much to me. Well, this year she was making her own stocking, making a new stocking for Elena and altering Laney's old stocking for Asher. ( and these take a LOT of man hours, so she was BUSY) We had discussed it and I didn't expect her to make Lizzie's this year... there was no time and it wasn't necessary since she wasn't going to be here before Christmas.

Well, as I hung up our three stockings this year, I began to really wish that I had one for Elizabeth. We had picked out the kit already and I just couldn't wait until next year when I could add it to the mantle. Anyways, I think you get the point :P So on Christmas morning when my mom surprised with a completed stocking for Elizabeth, I about cried... three times.... and then every time I thought about it afterwards. I can't believe she got it done! Mom, I LOVE it and I know I have told you this several times in the past couple of days, but that was the best gift I can ever remember receiving... thank you!!!


Signature

3 comments:

Mom said...

The best gifts often don't cost money...It was my joy to make it for our little Lizzie (and her mom:)

Kelli said...

It is beautiful! What a precious gift! I am in the process of picking out stockings to make for our family! I am having a hard time narrowing it down, but figure I can get three done by Christmas next year! :)

annalee said...

that is so, so sweet. and one very cute stocking.