Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Day

The Alamo Drafthouse dedicates the first Tuesday showing for each movie they are playing as the "Baby Day Showing". You can take your little one with you and it is acceptable for them to make noise and babble throughout the movie. Our play group decided to give this a try and see how the babies handled it. Well.... some handled it better than others. Micah was... well.... not the best :P The movie started right around his nap time, so I was hoping I could feed him and then he would go to sleep during the movie..... yeah, not so much.

First 45 minutes~ Micah was freaked out by being in the dark. I walked with him at the back of the theater, I pushed him in his stroller and did everything in my power to keep him from completely losing it.

Second 45 minutes~ Micah does a 180 and is deliriously happy. He is standing on the back of my seat babbling at the screen and laughing hysterically.

Last 2 minutes~ Micah passes out from total exhaustion. I am able to put him into his car seat and strap him in without him waking up (this NEVER happens)

Anyhoo, I've decided that I might want to restrict future Baby Day experiences to the movies with 11 am showings and make sure that they are all as short as the one we saw yesterday. I can't imagine trying to keep him entertained through a longer movie :P


post signature

No comments: