Thursday, January 22, 2009

T-43 days and counting until I am at the Houston Rodeo!! WOO HOO!! This is my little plug for the rodeo, in case you are a Houstonian (native or adopted) who as never experienced the joy of the rodeo. You must go.... seriously.... buy your tickets now.... you will not regret it. In order to sway you, I have devised a top ten list of reasons why the rodeo is the best entertainment value in Houston~

10. The shops... anything you can imagine handmade or otherwise and these merchants fight for their spots at the rodeo, so you know it's good stuff :)

9. World Class concert performers.

8. The opportunity for lovely pics like the one below :)

7. The scene inside the convention center. Pony rides for the kids, exhibition riding, petting zoo, watching baby chicks hatch, meeting newborn cows, sheep and pigs..

6. The food. Pappasitos, Pappas BBQ, Marble Slab, etc, etc, etc... sooooo good :)

5. The Tilt-a-whirl. Woo Hoo, I'm not preggo this year so I am totally going for a ride!!

4. Pig Races. No explanation needed

3. Mutton Bustin. 3-6 yr old children are put onto the backs of sheep in a mini arena and released from bull riding gates and the child that can hold onto their galloping sheep the longest, wins.

2. The Calf Scramble. 30 local FFA kids come out each night and are released into Reliant Stadium with the goal of capturing a calf, tying a rope around it and dragging it back to the middle of the arena. Sounds easy, right? Hardly. Every year I go, watching these poor kids run around an entire arena while holding a cow by it's tail makes me laugh so hard I cry.. trust me, it's funny. (this is part of the actual rodeo)

1. The rodeo. Seriously. Bull riding, barrel racing, this is exciting stuff ya'll!!





post signature

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I can't wait to take Caroline to see everything!! Who are you guys going to see in concert?

AND I can't believe you are one of THOSE people who can ride those crazy rides. It makes me want to hurl just thinking about riding it

Alyssa said...

Keith Urban and Pat Green, HERE I COME! :) WHOO-HOOO!