Monday, January 19, 2009

Way to go Nate!!


Yesterday, Nate ran his very first half marathon and he kicked butt!! His goal was to finish under 2 hours, but he had no idea if he'd be able to do it. Well.... he finished in 1 hour and 52 minutes!! He looked really strong too when we saw him at mile 7 and mile 10. Also on my hero list is my Dad who whipped the marathon into shape with a time of 3 hours and 42 minutes. We saw him at mile 20 (we missed him at mile 7... it was WAY too crowded :P) and he was going strong and kicking the butts of many youngsters who could only watch him run away in defeat :) Way to go Boys!!


post signature

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Um - that is awesome!

Amy said...

Way to go Nate!

and way to go Mark!

I mostly sat on the couch yesterday...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of "Young Nathan Jr." I guess if Amy's just counting hours, I mostly sat on the couch yesterday too. Why then are my quads so angry with me today?

Anonymous said...

I thought about y'all during the marathon...sounds like two winners!
Gran

Sabrina Bowen said...

Hi! I am a stranger who just stumbled upon your blog yesterday...We have a lot common, most importantly, my little girl just turned 6 months yesterday! I look forward to "blog stalking" you! :) I have enjoyed reading it so far!

Anonymous said...

Did some on-line checking and noted that Nathan hung on to beat both Anna Goodfellow (by six and a half minutes), and Charles (a.k.a. "Dusty") Rhodes (by about two minutes and forty-five seconds)pictured with him on your blog at mile 7, so well done young fella. Of course Dusty is 63 so try not to get the big head.