Friday, April 03, 2009

Les Mis and Le Flirt

My mom, grandma and myself went to see Les Mis at the Hobby Center this week.... it was great! I haven't seen it live in more than a decade (yup, I'm THAT old :P) and I'm really glad we went! We rode there with other residents at my grandma's community (Eagle's Trace... this is not your great grandmas nursing home... each resident owns their own apartment and maintains full autonomy. They provide a TON of great activities... anything from woodwork to painting, to water aerobics, to Wii bowling leagues. It's a really nice place) on their bus, which was fantastic since it dropped us off and picked us up right in front of the building :)

Anyhoo, the bus was nearly full and the three of us sat on the back row so that we could sit together. As we waited to leave, a strapping..... well, old man entered the bus and headed back towards us. He politely asked and was granted the seat next to my grandma. He immediately engaged her in conversation and as they chatted, my mom and I started chanting "grandma's got a boyfriend!!" (so that only we could hear... of course ;) As we continued down the road, they kept up their conversation and mom and I were having a grand old time :) At one point, my grandma turned to talk to us, and you could see him desperately wanting her to turn around and continue their conversation. It was great! Unfortunately, we found out later that Mr. Mayer was married and his wife just wasn't feeling well that evening.. apparently he's just a flirt :P


post signature

3 comments:

Never Enough Food said...

How funny! I almost worked at Eagle's Trace as the fitness person after college.

Anonymous said...

Actually, he was just friendly!
Gran

Anonymous said...

i've driven past eagle's trace and honestly wouldn't mind living there...it looks so nice from the road :) -- liz dammel