Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Means No.... or does it?

In the past couple of weeks, Micah has formed a fascination with a couple of key items in our home.... Our bedroom, the tv stand (or more specifically, the glass doors :P), and the fireplace (in all it's ashy goodness). These new pursuits have motivated me to teach Micah the meaning of "no". Apparently he is right at the age when they can understand this. At first, when a friend told me that, I thought that there was no way he'd be able to grasp the concept yet. Well... I think he (sorta) has!!

Two days ago, he crawled towards our door and just as he began to push it open, I said "Micah" he looked at me "NO" and I shook my head no. He went from a crawling stance to a sitting position and stared at me. Then he went for the door again. I repeated myself and he stopped again. This worked.... 10 times in a row! On the 11th time, it still worked, but he burst into tears of frustration as he sat obediently... not that I blame him. We try to keep our door closed so it isn't an issue, but unfortunately, we can't remove the fireplace (or the tv stand) so he needs to learn. Luckily, he appears to be a pretty good student so far!

p.s.- I'm going to Disneyland! More details to follow :)

post signature

3 comments:

dad said...

Firm bur fair...

Amy said...

Uhhh, I don't remember that stage with Elena. ;)

Disneyland? Pray tell!

C-Ray said...

Disneyland...I think I can guess about when that will be ;)