Thursday, April 02, 2009

Teething or Torture?

Micah has been MISERABLE the past couple of days... especially yesterday. He is constantly upset, he won't play, he won't crawl, he won't eat very much, he won't stop crying, and it is just the saddest thing I have ever seen :( It looks like teething, it sounds like teething, but wait... there aren't any teeth! I cannot see or feel anything below the surface, so I cannot know if it's teething or if he's really sick. He is still asleep (after going to bed, finally, around midnight) which is good, and I am desperately hoping to see a little Chiclet poking through his gums when he gets up so his suffering (for now) will be over. If no teeth have made the journey above the surface, then we'll be going to the doctor to make sure everything is ok. PLEASE pray for Micah that he will begin feeling better, and for me that I will be patient with my sweet boy. I feel so bad for him, but after multiple days of this when it is impossible to cheer him up and running errands or leaving the house at all is out of the question, it has become frustrating as well :P

post signature

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry! Poor sweet boy...my mom is a dentist and what she told me is that when the teeth are leaving the bone is the most painful, so you may not see the tooth for several days/weeks. When the tooth comes through the gums is the easy part. Hope that helps! Missed ya'll yesterday at play group! Something I found that helps Aubrey is called Hyland tablets. They are all natural but seem to help the pain and helps her sleep. You can get them at any drug store or grocery store.

Sabrina Bowen said...

My little girl is the same age as him and we are going through the SAME thing. She's so unhappy, and has every sign on teething, just NO TEETH!!! And this has been going on for over a month now. Some days ways worse than others. I alternate every 4-6 hours with the Hylands Teething Tablets and Tylenol. He will be in my prayers! I know its hard for you both!

Kelli said...

Praying for Micah and you! I hope that he starts feeling better soon!! Poor baby!! :( Caroline feels his pain.... we had shots and the most traumatizing blood drawing experience EVER! :(