Tuesday, April 07, 2009

We Love It, We Love It, We Looooooove It!!

Nate and I started our church shopping this past Sunday with a trip to Redeemer Community Church in Katy. To preface this post, I pretty much figured we'd visit some churches just to say that we had looked around and that we'd end up attending Kingsland. Well, needless to say, I didn't go into Redeemer with many expectations or any intention of returning a second time. Ummmm, yeah... we'll be going back :) We both knew within about 10 minutes of being in there that something was different and that we REALLY liked it there. The church is very similar to the church I grew up in, in size, attitude, community, and seriousness of their walks. Ever since I switched to a large church in college, I never thought I'd end up at a small one again.... I think I might have been wrong :P Nate and I liked it so much that we are now debating whether we even want to visit any more churches.... it seems weird now to try out other churches when it is so clear that God wants us at Redeemer. Anyways, we are both so excited to have found a church that we love so quickly. Please pray for us to have wisdom in what to do from this point on.. thanks!

post signature

1 comment:

dad said...

We have been members of big churchces and tiny churches. I prefer to be in a mid-size (about the size of CBC). It's nice to be part of a church that's not so small that you're always concerned about survival, but small enough that if you miss a couple of Sundays someone will say, "Where were you?" There's just better accountability is a smaller church (or there is the possibility of better accountability).