Friday, May 22, 2009

Compulsive Planning

I love to plan..... seriously love it. As a reference point, I had (as of March) done two trial runs for Micah's birthday cake, designed the invites and made his birthday banner as well as buying pretty much everything I need for the party..... in July :P What can I say.... I'm just hoping this tendency comes across as adorable and not supremely annoying :)

All this to say that when I found out that my childhood best friend was getting married in California this summer over Labor Day, I got instantly excited about all of the things that would need to be planned. The buzz is wearing off however as I am almost done planning all of the big stuff (yes, in May :P). Within the week I will have the wedding hotel booked in Pasadena, and as of earlier this week, I had the post wedding hotel in Anaheim booked. (As an aside, I LOVE Priceline! I got the best level of hotel in Anaheim for $55 a night!! Thanks Ben!)

I have looked at every day that we will be there and have a rough outline of where every activity will go, including the Aquarium of the Pacific, the San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park, the beach, an Angels game and Disneyland. I plan on printing out a calendar (broken up by hour) and cutting out pieces of paper for each activity just so I can easily move them and get it "perfect". We have narrowed down our car options to two car types at the same rental place and have our flight booked.

I have managed to stop short of planning all of our meals (yet) and am trying to think of what else I can research.... I live for this kind of thing :) Before it is all over, I may go as far as printing a Disneyland map and marking it up to make sure we make it to everything we want to see while we are there (it costs an arm and a leg so I'd hate to miss anything :P)

I am SO EXCITED! And not just the planning part, I am pumped to see C get married and to get to meet her husband (who must be a seriously great guy if he landed her!) Woo Hoo for Southern California!

post signature

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Are you available for hire? :)

Abby said...

"hire" implies money.... so YES!! :)

Sarah D said...

If you get really bored, I'm planning a wedding in October... ;)

Amy said...

Yeah, we're sooo different :) You bake two trial cakes months before. I stay up till 2am the night before the party figuring playing around with decorating the cake.

Abby said...

yeah, but that cake was AMAZING Amy :) Guess what... I'm taking a cake decorating class in June! I'm so excited!

Alissa said...

It's my sister and I'm not even sure where I'm staying for the wedding :).

C-Ray said...

You really are amazing!! If I were more of a planner, it might help you out, but thankfully you seem to do quite excellently on your own :) We do have a site on the knot now, which you might have already looked for since you are that on top of it...but anyhoo, it actually has some info on it now if you're still looking for a hotel. Oh, and if its helpful for planning purposes, you all will definitely be invited to the rehearsal dinner on Fri at 6 in Pasadena. Yay for weddings and fun trips!