Monday, July 06, 2009

8 Weeks

Hey kiddos.... no belly pic yet.... you might be thinking, "Of course there is no belly pic yet, there probably isn't a belly yet!" and I'd say WRONG!! It's sad how pregnant I look already... especially by the end of the day :) But I even show when I get up in the morning.. craziness. Anyhoo....

What's going on with Blueberry?
Everything that is present in an adult human is now present in the small embryo. The ears are continuing to form externally and internally. The bones are beginning to form, and the muscles can contract. Fingers and toes are webbed but are growing longer.
The facial features continue to mature. The tip of the nose is present and the eyelids are now more developed. The embryonic tail is also disappearing, and your baby's body is beginning to straighten out. The embryo is at the end of the embryonic period and begins the fetal period.

Sweet.... Blueberry is a fetus now... score! Blueberry is also the size of a raspberry ;-)

New material below... check it out :)
And now it's time for a new weekly segment I like to call,"The Laws of Probability" ..... Sounds exciting, right? In this segment, I will look at a different old wives tale concerning the sex of the baby and determine (based on these VERY scientific tests) what it is that I am having. Now, any good scientist knows that you have to have a control subject in order to truly understand your results. Enter my lovely assistant, Nate :)

This week's tale- The rate of your hair growth will tell you what you are having. If it is faster than normal, then you are having a boy, if it is the same then you are having a girl. According to my in depth study and the excellent guidance provided in this myth....

Abby is having a boy
Nate is having a girl

and that concludes our first installment of "The Laws of Probability"... join us next week as we further explore the gender of our baby :)

post signature

6 comments:

Nate said...

Hmmm...I didn't realize that when I agreed to be the control that meant I would be having a baby! Is it to late to back out of being the control?!?

Abby said...

Yup.... it is too late :P

The Goods said...

Ummm...Abby...I think you guys have to have the same sex... just sayin. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!
Gran

Tabaitha said...

My hair grew faster when I was pregnant with Taylor.

The O's said...

I think that one is true. My hair has been growing just the same, and we are having a girl! :)