Monday, July 13, 2009

9 Weeks :)

Today marks the 9th week of my pregnancy with Blue and as such we will spend this post continuing to explore the depths of gender determination folklore.... ah, good times :) Blueberry has been very unpredictable so far and can make me go from feelin' fine to feelin' pitiful in about .6 seconds flat. I have to say though, overall I feel tons better than I did two weeks ago, so I'm not complaining.

Anyhoo, our myth for the day is that you can determine the sex of your baby by adding your age at time of conception with the number of the month in which conception took place. If the result is even, you are having a boy... if it's odd, you are having a girl.

Abby~ 26 + 5 (May) = 31 = girl
Nate~ 30 + 5 = 35 = girl

Sweet! Well, at least we are having the same gender this week! Stay tuned though, I have no doubt that subsequent weeks may alter this result... again and again and again :P

At this stage, all of blueberry's joints such as the knees, elbows, shoulders, ankles, and wrists are working and allow blue to move about freely. Blue can also make a fist, and may begin sucking his or her thumb. I love that! Blue is approx. 1.5 inches from head to rump now which according to my tracker makes blue "grape" sized.

post signature

2 comments:

Sarah D said...

You should use Micah as your control group, to see if the test is accurate.

Abby said...

That's what Nate is for