Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exorcist Wanted

Seriously..... my blog is possessed. I know, I know... sometimes I tend to blow things out of proportion, but I have to say that I am right on with this one. Sure, most of the things that it is doing "under the influence" are fairly innocent, but they annoy the HECK outta me! There are two main things that are driving me crazy.

The first is that the spell check now picks 2-3 words at random to declare misspelled every single post. When I click on them, the spelling suggestion is how I already have it spelled. The way this makes me feel is reminiscent of elementary school when the teacher made you switch papers and grade a fellow classmate's quiz. Of course, I would get the not-bright kid in the class who would mark something wrong when it was really right and then I would have to get the teacher to correct it. A little part of me would die seeing that little red "x" next to a correct answer :P

The second is that, when you pull up my blog, it will sometimes pull up an older version of the blog. So people look at it, see a post from a couple of days ago, and assume there isn't anything new. My mom and I both have had this problem, so I assume it is user-wide.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any tips for beating the rebelliousness out of a blog, let me know.

post signature

1 comment:

Tess said...

I know this is an old post but the reason for the spell check thing is you back-spaced during typing a word or added something to the word after you had left it. I don't know if that makes any sense but I have come across that myself and there is nothing you can do about it.