Monday, June 14, 2010

Why am I not freaking out?

My sis-in-law is getting married this weekend (congrats, Ray!) and Nate and I are heading out on Tuesday night to join in the festivities. That's right, I said Tuesday NIGHT. In discussing how best to handle a 10-11 hour drive with a toddler and an infant, we decided to overnight it. What.am.I.doing?? This is one of those things where if it goes right then we're geniuses and if it goes wrong... well, let's not talk about it going wrong, mmmkay?

In thinking about this trip I have been really excited. I mean, I am excited about Ray's wedding for sure, but I have been freakishly excited about the drive. In exploring why on earth I was excited about driving all night I came to one conclusion.... I'm not excited, I'm just anxious to get it over with :P I realized that I'm fine with the drive unless I think about what could go wrong. If I think about the possibilities, my stomach starts to do weird things, I get hot all over, start to itch and my palms sweat... HA! Great way to start, right? Anyhoo, if you think about us, send up a prayer for safe travel and super sleepy kiddos :)

Signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote this once but it didn't make it to print...we always left in the middle of the night when our kids were little...makes sense to travel while they sleep! I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'll send up prayers anyway! Be careful and have fun!
Gran

Alissa said...

We traveled a ton last summer! One of our road trips took us spending 16 hours in two days, then two days later spending 12 hours. I learned lots of tricks but mostly I realized, I have no idea why I packed myself reading material :).

dad said...

I love driving through the night. The traffic goes way down and it's nothing but quiet. If you and Nate tag-team a bit to stay fresh it should go fine.