Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Abby's Fantabulous Chair Makeover!

Yes, you read that right.. fantabulous. Get excited y'all :) When we bought our kitchen table, I really loved the chairs and really didn't love the fabric on the cushions. I decided not to worry about it. I figured the kids would ruin the upholstery and I could just re-cover the cushions then. Welllll, that ruining came a bit sooner than I expected :P However, I wasn't ready to re-cover the cushions just to have that fabric ruined too... hmmmm, what to do? Then I had a revelation.... oil cloth. Wipeable, stain resistant, kid friendly oil cloth. Love it. Just an order to Oil Cloth Addict on Etsy, a 5 day shipping period and Voila!! New fabric for my chairs!

My before~

My after~

The flash messed with the colors on the chairs and fabric, so here is a more lifelike rendering on the colors :)


Anyhoo, re-covering chairs is physically rough! I've done 2 out of my 6 chairs so far and I can't wait to finish them all :)

Signature

1 comment:

annalee said...

those are oh-so-fantabulous! i love oilcloth. what a great idea for chair cushions.