Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sew Cute!!

Week two of sewing class taught us how to make an apron. Ok, I reallllllllllly like aprons. I almost always wear one while cooking and it makes the whole thing just so much more enjoyable to me. That being said, I was really looking forward to this week in class. Then it dawned on me, I have several aprons already... I don't really need another right now. Hmmmm, what to do, what to do. I HAVE IT!! Micah loves wearing aprons and pretending to cook with us but his kiddy aprons are both way too big on his little toddler frame. Great....love it...let's do it!

So I found coordinating patterns and decided to make a reversible apron for Micah because I couldn't decide between the two prints.... and cause I'm a bit of a crafting masochist... just sayin. Anyhoo, this works perfectly for what I have planned for Micah's Halloween costume... I'm just hoping he'll wear the whole getup that I have planned for him on the appropriate night. He can be a bit, ummmmm well.. he can be a toot sometimes, so we'll just see what happens with that :) The good news is, he can enjoy the apron anytime he does feel like wearing it!

Side 1~

Side 2~

Rocking the cowboy side~


Cooking up a storm with the horseshoe side on display~


Micah was having a no apron kind of day when I was trying to get these pics, but luckily a small bribe involving a whisk and Finding Nemo did the trick ;-)


Signature

1 comment:

Nate said...

I'm just glad he is smiling in the one with me in it...otherwise it would look like I'm pulling his arms off (which I was NOT :)