Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What's in a name?

Micah won't say his name.... ever. As in, he has never referred to himself as Micah or given an answer other than "Baby?" when you ask what his name is, nor has he ever just said the word "Micah".

My mom was trying to get him to say it the other day by breaking it up.. we got him to repeat after us to say "my"....."cah". We ever so slyly moved the syllables closer together as we continued this exercise thinking about just how clever we were and as soon as they got close enough to sound like Micah, Bubs just said "No!" in a really excited voice. DRAT

Ok, try try again... right? So my mom started doing a cheer..."I say my, you say cah...... mi..cah.....mi..cah." And guess what? He said it!!! We were about to celebrate when he ran up to Lizzie, patted her on the tummy and said "baby-cah!!". Oh dear. He then ran to me, patted me and said "Mama-cah!!" Well you can guess what happened, my mom was also deemed "Memaw-cah!!" (Micah chose the name Memaw for her... NOT my choice... NOT hers, but what can you do? ;-) So basically after regaining our composure we gave up... I think we found that we were going in the opposite direction from what we'd hoped :P

Signature

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hahahaha:) That is Hil-ar-ious!!!!

Tabaitha said...

Haha! Mason refers to himself in third person all the time. It's really funny.