Monday, September 20, 2010

Sew It Begins

For my birthday this year, my parents gave me a gift certificate to a local place that teaches sewing classes. I was excited to finally learn how to sew and so I waited 7 months to redeem it :P Ok, I was really excited but I was also overwhelmed by an already 1 week old who happened to be my second child.

Anyhoo, I was finally able to sign up for the September classes and it has been great! The class is 4 weeks long and each week is a new project. The instructor is really great about throwing out tons of tips that make sewing easier and make more professional looking products. The first week is a super simple intro to all things sewing including all the terminology and products. The project at the end can be done in a half an hour! Here is my final product~


Nothing particularly mind blowing about my pillow, but it is much better quality than anything I produced prior to this and I did it with confidence... this is gonna be fun! Check the blog out tomorrow for a project I'm REALLY proud of from week 2!

Signature

5 comments:

czstout said...

So fun Abby! I have always wanted to learn how to sew! Not sure how you are finding the time, but I'm excited for you :) Can't wait to see week 2's project!!

Abby said...

They are at night from 6-9 on Tuesdays... I make dinner and Nate puts the kids down to sleep :)

Amy said...

Oh that turned out really well!

Kelli said...

Love it! I can't wait to start my lessons after I get my new machine! How fun!!!

Unknown said...

Where are you taking the lessons Abby? And cute pillow :)!