Monday, November 28, 2011

Rainbow Owls

I have a confession... I stink at hand sewing. Whew, glad to get that off my chest! It's kind of embarrassing to me actually, so I decided to take it head on while I was creating a permanent Abby-sized crater on my couch the past couple of weeks. My ambition collided with my rather extensive felt collection and turned into these babies~


Cute, right?! FAR from perfect too, but I did get better as I went :P I decided to make one for each kid and each of their cousins. I'm not going to say who gets which, but here are the girl's owls~







and here are the owls for the boys! That's right, my parents have a perfect split of grandsons and granddaughters :)



I'm looking forward to giving these to the kids!



Signature

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are precious!! Are those your favorite things?! :)

Abby said...

Ha, my favorite things cost more money and a lot less time to acquire :)

Tabaitha said...

Those are precious! You are one talented lady!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute...you are so creative!
Gran

Dad said...

Your mother is still learning hand work. Just make 15 or 20 Christmas stockings with ridiculous detail - you'll improve your hand work too.

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Did you make up the pattern yourself?

Abby said...

Liz- I had the idea to do owls for the kids and was going to make up my own pattern, but then I happened across this one on Pinterest :)

The Parks said...

I just sewed a bunch of ornaments by hand and my hand sewing stinks too! Not saying that yours does, I think the owls look fabulous!