Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sitting Still, but not Idle

I'm not saying I'm thrilled to be on bed rest or that I have the key to making it bearable or fun, but I have come up with a surprising number of things that I can do without ever getting up. The first one will shock you, but I've been crafting quite a bit.... try to contain your astonishment ;-) Turns out there is a lot you can do while sitting on your bum with your feet permanently stretched in front of you. Unfortunately, machine sewing isn't one of them so I've had to shuffle around my project list to bump up some projects more in keeping with my sedentary lifestyle. I've been hand stitching felt ornaments (3 so far), making wreaths, making necklaces (3) and wrapping numbers in yarn for impending birthday parties~


Which brings me to the second thing you can do on bed rest.... take cruddy pictures in bad lighting with your iPhone ;-) I want to post pictures of some of the other things I've been making, but I'm holding out until I can get some better pictures with my real camera.... and natural lighting.

I was in pretty good shape on Christmas presents, but with the help of 6 days on my posterior, Amazon, and a few other sites, I'm almost completely done now and I have things I really think people are going to like!

My situation has also allowed me to document some interesting family moments. I wish I could post this whole video, but that would involve getting up and finding the transfer cord whereas I can email half of it to myself without moving :) Just know that the back and forth screaming with joy part happened WAY more times in real life~




Signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're handling it very well:)
Gran