Monday, January 30, 2012

1 Month Old

I'm trying to avoid saying this because it has to be one of my least favorite cliches, BUT.... I can't believe Jane is 1 month old already! It just does not seem like it has been that long, but here we are.... it makes me a little sad since Jane is (as far as we are concerned) our last baby. I have a feeling I will be disproportionately emotional about each and every milestone she reaches until... well, forever :)

So anyhoo, I have always taken pictures of my kids at each month "birthday" but never with a certain stuffed animal or a sign saying how old they were or any of that. Well..... I am a sucker for a good idea, so when a friend of mine with a daughter two weeks older than Jane posted her 1 month pictures I simply had to shamelessly copy her... the idea was too cute!




See? Cute, right?! Well, if you don't think so then I am officially no longer your friend... try to control your tears. Anyhoo, I have an idea for how I want to spice up some of the other months, so we'll see if Jana does the same thing I have in mind :)


Janie decided to go to work immediately on removing her flower.... I guess I officially have my second hair accessory intolerant child, le sigh~




At one month old, Jane is starting to spend more time awake (day and night) and is fairly content.... unless she's not... just sayin :) She follows people and sounds with her eyes and will track her very noisy brother all the way across a room. She will happily do tummy time as long as she has a book propped up where she can look at it.


She has started giving us a very occasional awake, non-gassy, non-tired smile but you really have to work at it. Mostly she'll just give you a look like she's just not too sure that you're "all there" the harder you try to make her smile. Her siblings both love talking to her, patting her head, and giving her kisses and our main problem is keeping them from suffocating her with blankets or burying her in books while they're trying to take care of her.




And because the startle reflex is always good for a laugh~




We didn't even pose her, Lizzie just wanted to be near Jane~





Happy 1 month to our Janie Bear... we love you!


Signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me she's pretty advanced for one month...and really cute, too!
Gran

Dad said...

Great idea to copy. I love the pictures.

Kelli said...

Love her! Great idea!!