Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Good of the Bad

As mentioned earlier, Jane spent some time in the NICU after she was born during which she was mostly being fed from a bottle (formula and pumped) on the insistence of the Neonatologist. Then, only two days after coming home, I was admitted to the hospital for several days with difficulty breathing and a dangerously low heart rate. Because of medication I was on and exposure to radiation, I was not allowed to nurse Jane for the entire two days I was in the hospital. All this to say that Jane has seen A LOT of bottles in her first week of life.




While this has made nursing significantly more difficult, it also has it's bright points. Nate has never been able to be involved in feeding the kids and it was cool that he was allowed to have this experience several times with Jane. In fact, when she was in the NICU, he was dubbed the Bottle Whisperer. She would take breast milk from anyone, but he was the only person who could get her to eat the supplemental formula from the bottle...




It's always good to focus on the silver lining :)



Signature

4 comments:

Ben said...

I require more direct pictures of Jane. She looks beautiful in these pics!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you sweet friend and your choice to honor the Lord through ever detail of Jane's pregnancy and delivery and post delivery. I am so encouraged by your trust in Him. Praying for y'all and that is ONE BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!!
Love-Amy (Dosch) Littlepage

Abby said...

Ben~ I know! I'm so behind on taking and posting Jane pictures... I'm hoping to do a photo session soonish, how's that for committment :)

Courtney L said...

Abs, you are an awesome mom and I'm glad that you and Jane are both on the mend!