Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lizzie's Christmas Present

Because life wasn't crazy enough with Jane on the way, I decided to take on a very time intensive project for Lizzie's Christmas present. BUT as crazy as it felt at times, I was very pleased with how it all turned out! First of all, I made pillows for her....


I know, I know pillows don't sound like every almost two year old's idea of a good time, right? Well, they are sort of the side dishes for the main course in this case so please pause a second before you decide that I've totally lost it, mmmm k?



Ok, I know I'm biased but I think these bolster pillows are some of the prettiest things ever. When I finished them I just kept looking at them and thinking, "I can't believe I made those!".



The third pillow was a love bird pillow that goes with the nature theme of Lizzie's room~



Then last but not least is this super fun tree pillow that I made to coordinate with the giant tree I did on her wall~



All of these pillows are just furnishings for this baby~



A tent! How fun is that? Nate helped me put together the frame and I sewed the flaps and cover for the tent. With as much as our little girl loves books, I hope this becomes a little reading nook for her when she gets older. For now it's just a fun place to hang out and play!




Nate had to get in there to convince Lizzie that it was safe but then she got right on in there with him! Here is a shot of it in the room with a few decorations that I've added over the past couple of months. I still have a bit more to do on the room, but it is coming along nicely!




Signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute! The pillows are great, too.
Gran

Jenny said...

The tent turned out awesome!!

Dad said...

I'm sure Lizzie will have hours of fun camping out in her tent. For the record, I love the tree pillow.