Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Two Weeks

Jane had her (early) 2 week appointment yesterday and even though she was still 2 days shy of actually being 2 weeks old, she was already back at her birth weight! Woo hoo, way to go Janie! She has also grown in length and is now 20 inches long... 44th percentile.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd do a photo dump from my phone and even a few from my camera so you can see what Jane has been doing the first two weeks of her life. I'll give you a hint, it involves sleep... lots of it :)

This one is my favorite picture of Jane so far. Even with all the wires and tubes, I love the way she is laying and I feel like she looks absolutely beautiful~


I was so happy when they were able to remove the tube that ran from Jane's nose down into her stomach. I sent this pic to my parents with the caption, "Look Ma, no tube!"~



If you can't beat 'em, join 'em~



I forgot about all the crazy positions newborns like to sleep in. This one looks super comfy~



This next one falls under the category of surprisingly good shots you take of yourself with your cell phone. In my defense, if I didn't take self portraits then I would have no pictures of myself with my kids AT ALL.... just saying~



Micah has been SO sweet with his baby sister (I wish this would translate to how he treats Lizzie as well) and always wants to be near her, hug her, talk sweet to her, burp her, hold her and get anything that you need for her. We do have to monitor him carefully though to make sure he doesn't tuck her blanket in too high or lay down too close (or even on top of) to her.



Check out her perfectly round little head! The nurse even commented on it right after she was born~



Even in her sleep, Janie knows how to throw down. Here she is going all gangbusters without even opening an eye~



She has begun smiling in her sleep, which is always a fun stage~



Once again, an homage to infant sleeping positions ~



Wait for it, wait for it... a picture of her...... sleeping!~



I have so many pictures of Nate and our babies passed out together, it's always hard to pick just one~



Deep thinking is one of Jane's favorite past times. Here she is pondering string theory.... or her next feeding.... it's difficult to get a clear read on her~



Wait a second... she's awake!! Grab the camera... FAST!~



Hey there beautiful ~




Signature

5 comments:

Ben said...

She is a beaut! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Me either, Ben! The pictures are greaet..and appreciated!
Gran

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is SO beautiful!!! love all the pics!
amy littlepage

Katie said...

What a beautiful baby! I understood your feelings exactly about the removal of that tube! We were so happy as they removed each of the tubes and wires from Maddie. I am so happy that you and Jane are feeling better! Hope Lizzie is adjusting well to be a big sister too.

Dad said...

love all these pictures.