Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Back

Daylight Saving time is upon us again (at least it's the season that we get an extra hour of sleep instead of losing it :) This Sunday remember to set your clocks back an hour.

Ok, now that my public service announcement is over, I googled daylight saving time because I thought it was this weekend but I wasn't sure. I found out something interesting... President Bush signed the go ahead on an energy study that moves spring forward to the second sunday in March (instead of the first in April) and moves fall back to the first sunday in November (instead of the last in October) starting in 2007. This study is seeking to prove that this will conserve energy, the website said "The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete."

I had no idea that Bush had the ability to change daylight saving time. Man, it'd be cool to be president... I think I'd go after leap year first :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm curious to know how changing daylight savings time saves energy... don't we still have the same number of hours of daylight either way? But then again, I am an accountant, not an energy expert...

Erin said...

PS - For the record, I know we have the same number of hours of daylight... that was a rhetorical question.

Anonymous said...

I also do not entirely understand how this helps. I think it's one of those things you do when you get bored. Normal people check blogs or listen to music... the president changes daylight svings time :)