Monday, October 09, 2006

People that have made me smile this weekend....

1) So, a few weeks ago I sent out an evite to come help me address all my invitations and then put them together. I have to admit, I was relieved and shocked that so many of my friends were willing and happy to help. As it turns out, Nate and I bought a printer and printed the envelopes (they look fabulous :) and so that party yesterday was just an assembly party. It was SO GREAT to have some time with those girls, especially the ones that I haven't had the opportunity to spend time with recently. And, we were able to do something in half an hour that would have taken me hours to do on my own... thanks girls!!

2) A special smile goes out to Jana and Katie who wore almost the exact same outfit as me yesterday..... That must mean I was in style, right? Well, if not at least ya'll are going down with me :)

3) Amy and Leslie made me smile this weekend as I got to hear about their plans for my Houston shower and saw their willingness to use their time (which neither has a lot of right now) to pull it together... thanks girls!!

4) Nate gets a smile for lots of things, but specifically for a) not thinking I'm insane for stocking up and buying 10 packets of chicken taco seasoning after we finally found it, b) devising a plan by which we can outwit the fabric stores and save ourselves a trip to Sugarland, c) thinking of getting Chuy's creamy jalepeno sauce to go (yum!), d) Liking (alot) the same custom blinds that I did at Home Depot... now we just have to afford them along with new lighting, bathroom countertops and flooring, kitchen flooring and hardware, and about 1000 new door knobs to put on the mass amount of doors that his condo has... should be fun :)

A gross oversight to this original post was me neglecting to include some moments from item number 1. Please allow me to amend that now :)

Moment 1- Liz Hodges... "Haha, oh dear. I got excited because I thought I was assembling Nate's parents' invite, then I realized that I was just reading their name on the invitation."

Moment 2- Bonnie, with a distressed look on her face... "Hey Abby, this one doesn't have the liner in the envelope..." Me, looking at it carefully... "That's because it's an outer envelope." Bonnie, looks at her other hand and realizes the lined envelope is in it..."so it is"

Moment 3- Liz Osborne... "Man, I'm only on my third envelope and I'm already running out of slobber."

Moment 4- Me, looking at the last envelope that needed to be sealed..."Ok, who wants to lick Nick?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time this weekend. I am glad everything went well. Sorry I coundn't be there. Can't wait to see you Wednesday!