Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wedding Weirdness - Part 6

As Erin discovered earlier, a 4 month dress delivery can be turned into a 2 week redelivery when there is a mistake in sizes. Interesting that it took 4 months the first time but the replacement dress is a mere 2 week delay. Such is the world of alterations. Weddings are all about people telling you that it takes 10 times longer than it actually takes to complete a task. I got pinned for alterations on my gown on September 21st and it would take (of course) over a month and a half to do the alterations. My appointment for my second fitting is tomorrow, November 1st. I called a couple of times over the past few weeks to make sure it was ok for my mom and I to come to the store and for me to try on the dress this Sunday. (My mom was headed to San Antonio for the week and needed to make the veil... it helps to see the dress first :)

So we show up last Sunday (3 days before the fitting) and they hand me my dress to try on for my mom. I was hoping to do the second fitting then and save myself the hassle of coming back on Wednesday. No such luck. I unzipped the bag and there was my dress.... full of pins. They had not even started the alterations and my fitting was in 3 DAYS!!! We asked them about it and they said "Your appointment is on Wednesday so we will sew it between now and then." Wow, ok. Then why exactly did I have to come in in mid September? This is the story of weddings, every timeline is expanded to fit your timeline. Had my wedding been in March, the alterations surely would have taken more like 2 months or maybe 2 and a half. Had it been in November I'm sure the alterations would have been a 2-3 week affair. I am looking forward to getting back to normal life where it takes 2 weeks because it actually takes 2 weeks.... crazy, I know but it's just the way I think it should be :)

I have been wanting to write a Bridal Shower blog entry, but i'm holding off til I'm at home and can add pictures :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, well the shower was great but I am the total wrong personality for it.. I hate being the center of attention!!