Friday, October 27, 2006

To blog or not to blog....



Well, I'm bored so I chose "to blog"...... sorry :) I've been thinking about what makes a great blog and I want to apologize for my lackluster blogs of late. There has been an occasional one I like but I'm boring myself at this point. I have been reading some good blogs of people I barely know for inspiration. (When in doubt, I always post pictures of Laney... I am doubting hard today, hence 2 pics :)

Good blog #1- Beth. Ok, the girl is hilarious and random and 100% real... that's what makes her blog so great. Plus she posts all the time so it's worth checking daily :) http://ulovebeth.blogspot.com/

Good blog #2- Laurie. Ok, unlike Beth (who I have hung out with a few times here and there) I only know of Laurie by way of legend. I admit, I am a blog stalker when it comes to her. Her blog is fresh, funny and I can relate to a lot of what she says. Bored? Give Laurie's blog a try http://flaminlarry.blogspot.com/

Now, instead of being inspired by the stylings of Laurie and Beth, I realized that I just don't have it in me to try to aspire to that right now..... planning a wedding seems to have drained me of all original or creative thoughts :) I'll just top off this entry with a list of things I am super pumped about this weekend...

1) My mom is in the air RIGHT NOW winging her way from Paris to Houston. I am the most excited about her coming... I haven't seen her since before the engagement and it's about time :)

2) Nate and I are going to STOMP tonight (we got the tics before my mom had her flight). I adore STOMP and am looking forward to seeing it for the 4th time.

3) Nate and I pick up our wedding bands tomorrow (kinda freaky.... really expensive)

4) I have my first bridal shower tomorrow thrown by my beautiful friends Amy and Leslie. I am sooooo excited about hanging out with some LH girls that I haven't seen in awhile as well as seeing some old friends from college.

5) Did I mention my mom was coming? (the only thing to make this better would be if my dad was coming too :)

***For Jen Cates

***Wedding update- I am getting closer to finishing the 11 step favors I am handmaking (240 of them). I only have 4 steps left and they are faster ones... I'm ready to be done :) I have all the stuff to start making the programs after I finish the favors (oh, and after we set the order of ceremony....maybe should do that first :P ). I am putting the invites in the mail this weekend and I'm looking forward to sifting through RSVP's (sad but true). I am currently doing exercises to strengthen my hand for when I start writing thank you notes this weekend. I think that's it for now..... if you read all the way to here then I am really proud of you :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly, I like your life too, not just wedding stuff! If you need help let me know, and I'm going to try and make it tomorrow, but I'll have a few kiddos with me. LOVE!

BTW, I switched to beta, so it took me like 5 years to figure out how to login and leave this. Appreciate the love (cause I should be doing lesson plans).

Laurie said...

OMG! I got a blog shout-out from a blog stalker! I feel as though I have officially arrived! Glad you like my blog...I'm enjoying yours as well. :}

Anonymous said...

I read all the way to the end, and I love your blogs! I also particularly like any pictures of Elena:)
Wish I were going to be there for the shower.

Ulovebeth said...

OMG! I beat out Laurie for #1 blog?? Everybody always says they like mine, but Laurie's is the top--even in my book. And, BTW, I admire you for planning a wedding. God bless you.

Also, remember the major advertising rule, when in doubt, just add puppies or babies. Everybody loves that.

Thanks so much for the props, and again, may God bless your plans!! And may your sparkly keep hypnotizing you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, for my wall to be graced by both girls... I'm honored :)