Friday, August 24, 2007

Bait Me

As mentioned in previous posts, I have seen several roaches around my office in the last couple of weeks including sightings in the kitchen, elevator, and my own trash can. Anyhoo, our secretary called for someone to come spray for the little bits of nastiness so that I could fore go the pleasure of discovering them in every corner of the office. The guy comes out yesterday and Norma shows him to my area so that I may direct him to the sighting spots. He starts with my desk and begins to squeeze out this putty type stuff underneath my desk.

"What are you putting out?" I asked, "Bait" he answered. Ummmm, bait? So we're going to attract them to my desk? Am I allowed to object to this little plan? Unfortunately I chickened out and let him turn my desk into roach bait. One thing about me... I have a very vivid imagination. I have to admit that I was worried about coming back and finding a proliferation of roaches on my hands. My fantasies ranged from a live army chasing me down the hall, banners raised high, to a sort of roachy holocaust that I had already decided one of the guys I work with would be cleaning up. I arrived today braced for the worst and.... nothing. No bugs. Hmmmm, this is almost worse, now I have to wonder where they are all hiding.... :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, bait. My personal image is of you wearing jeans, a tee shirt, and a straw hat; sitting at your desk with your feet up and holding a cane fishing pole with a nice piece of roach bait on the hook. It's great fun to imagine you landing a big one, though I can't somehow picture you taking your catch off that hook.

Abby said...

I can see you going for the Mark Twain imagery :P

Anonymous said...

I got my morning laugh from your description of the roach bait... will look forward to the follow-up report!

Abby said...

I hope there won't be a follow-up as it would likely involve a roachy incident.. yuck :P