Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Double Vision


When I showed up for work yesterday, I knew something was different. Well, I mean I could claim to have a sixth sense, but it wasn't difficult to notice that I now had two screens instead of one. That's right... I have reached the pinnacle for a young engineer, the Mecca of Nerd-dom... Dual monitors. I never really got why everyone was so excited about them before (oh young and stupid Abby) but now I get it. No more flipping back and forth between Excel and Cadd. No more wrestling with trying to reduce windows so you can see 2 or 3 at a time.... NO MORE!


This is a time to emphasize to you how important it is to be nice to your IT person. I like Sally (our IT girl) and basically because I have always been nice and respectful to her, I not only got my new computer before most of the office, I also got one set of only two dual monitors available from this return. Now I'm riding in style and there's no turning back.

Side Note~ My monitors are the same idea as those shown above except they are Dell, the stands are cooler, and they are in color (fancy... I know :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am sitting at a desk with 2 monitors this morning, but sadly this is only because I am not working in my own office. You have surpassed your father. I can only watch from my seat in mono-monitor land and ponder what might have been had I made better career choices in my youth.

Sarah D said...

I know how you feel... well, sort of. They upgraded me (the lowly EIT) to a flat panel from my monster 19" CRT a few months ago. Of course, I think the fact that we moved into a "green" office building had something to do with it (energy efficiency and all). Still, it made me feel special.

Abby said...

On the upside... mono-monitor is just plain fun to say :)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I didn't even know anyone had two monitors!

Nate said...

Congrats babe! I basically got dual monitors a few weeks ago when I got my desktop changed out for my new laptop and now use my laptop screen and the monitor I had with my desktop. I did have dual monitors for about 8 months earlier in my career.