Monday, August 20, 2007

Playing Catch up

I had SO MUCH FUN this weekend! Nate and I have been out of town or at weddings for what seems like every weekend this year. It's fun, but get's old, ya know? This weekend was our only weekend in August that was sans wedding and our last weekend open until September 22nd, so we decided to take full advantage. We got to spend the whole weekend hanging out with fabulous friends and catching up on their lives.

Friday night was our triple date with Branden, Liz, Greg, and Jana. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen, went bowling, and finished the evening at the Chocolate Bar..... so fun :) Saturday morning, Leslie and I went to the mall for breakfast and some pre-crowd shopping while Nate went running with Aaron. Then Nate and I met up with Aaron and Jill for lunch at Lupe's (I just discovered the beef fajitas....mmmmm :). We then went home and did some cleaning before Dustin and Megan came over for some fondue and a movie (Drop Dead Gorgeous, because their sense of humor is just as weird as mine). Yesterday, I went to church with Laura, a roommate from college who just moved to Houston last week. In the process of walking her back to her car, I ran into several people who I hadn't seen in FOREVER.

It was such an amazing weekend and it stressed to me just how much God has blessed me and Nate with faithful, amazing friends who are just a joy to be around. If you are reading this thinking, "Hey, where was my invite?!", we may not have gotten to you this weekend, but are you free on September 22nd? ;-)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Friday was great! We need to do that again some time. Also thanks for saving us seats in class on Sunday. I felt like the new kids in school :P

Abby said...

Hmm, maybe after your wedding which is SO CLOSE!!! No problem on the seats, I know the first day in the cafeteria is tough :)