Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Prepare to be chewed out

I don't get sunburned very often anymore because I care and I make the effort to prevent it. I maybe have one bad burn every two years or so. While this is still not great, it's semi ok except for the timing. I have the uncanny knack of getting burned right before I go to see my dermatologist which makes for a really fun check up. Example~

Doc- "You really should be more careful in the sun, you know you are high risk for skin cancer."
Me~ "I know, that's why I come here EVERY year. And I promise, this is the only burn I've had this year!"
Doc- "MMM-hmm. ok. You know, all you have to do is dab on a little sunscreen and this could be prevented."
Me~ "I DID use sunscreen!"
Doc~ "MMM-hmm."

So anyhoo, I'm going to the dermatologist today and I am burned... bad. The only time this year, don't ya know. I spent 10 days in the Caribbean on my honeymoon and came away unscathed, but 4 hours in my parent's pool and I have bought myself a 30 minute ticket to the dermatology shame fest. Oh joy, oh rapture.

No comments: