Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Singing in the Rain

Yesterday, Nate and I were walking at the church when we started to hear something.... thunder. Uh-oh. We looked out at the courtyard as we passed in on lap 8 and yep, it was pouring. This presented a slight problem in that when Nate and I go walking at the church, we walk there since we live across the parking lot. We monitored the progress of the rain for the next half hour and it continued to get stronger and stronger. And then we made a decision.... we didn't care!

We walked home in the pouring rain as calmly or coolly as though we were being showered with a dusting of light snow and not huge rain drops. It has been way too long since I have been out in the rain and not cared that I was getting wet. We didn't have any books or anything with us, we had on work out clothes which can get wet no prob, and I wasn't in heels as I have been when we've been coming back from church in the rain before. My tennis shoes may never dry out, but I really don't care.... it felt fabulous. :) It was the perfect situation for us to get caught in the rain and I gotta say, I loved it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never head out for a run if it's raining (or thundering), but some of my favorite runs have been on mornings when it rained on me. Glad you enjoy it too.