Monday, August 03, 2009

12 Weeks!

Our myth for today is one that several people I know swear by. It states that if the baby's heartbeat is slower 140 beats per minute then you are having a boy, if the baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute then you are having a girl. According to this myth, I am having a ______. That's right, I don't remember the baby's heartbeat from my appointment 5 weeks ago :P Good news is that I am going to the OB and am going to try my best to remember to PAY ATTENTION when they say the heartrate. Sooooo... results to be added later :)

This week Blueberry will begin to take on more of a normal appearance as the eyes move closer together and the ears move closer to their final position. The intestines have grown so fast that they actually extend into the umbilical cord, but they will begin to move back into the abdomen. The kidneys can now secrete urine, and the nervous system is continuing to mature. Blue may have developed more complicated reflexes such as sucking. Blue is now the size of a big lime :)

post signature

2 comments:

Sabrina Bowen said...

My daughters were always above 150...:) And my mom said mine were always high too...too bad you can't remember!? Good luck at your appointment. Can you believe these babies are already 1?!?

Also, to throw in a little plug...not sure if you have a photographer where you live for those maternity pictures...but I finally jumped in and started my own photog business if your interested in some maternity pics!
www.southerngracephotography.com

Jill G. said...

Well, Abby, Luke's heartrate is ALWAYS over 140. At our first appointment it was 174 and stayed above 160 for the first half of the pregnancy. Another reason I was sure HE was a girl. So, even though they say this is a pretty reliable myth, I wouldn't count on it! :)