Tuesday, August 04, 2009

It is set

We are having an ultrasound on August 31st to (hopefully) determine the sex of Baby Blue. I say hopefully because I will be 16 weeks at that time which is on the early side to find out and also because if you get a really modest baby that won't uncross it's legs, you just might not find out until the bashful babe is delivered :P

Which leads me to an interesting moment I had yesterday... as I was leaving my OB's office, I was scheduling my next appointment and my ultrasound (yay!) and the receptionist asked me what the ultrasound was for.

Me- "Oh, it's for gender determination."
Her- "15 weeks is too early for that..."
Me- "I'll be 16 weeks on that day..."

This led to a conversation wherein she tried to convince me that I was currently 11 wks along and I tried to convince her that I was 12 wks along. Anyways, she scheduled the ultrasound without really believing me and I rushed home to look at my calendar, charts and what not and confirmed that I am in fact 12 wks pregnant.... shocker. So now the control freak part of me (a major contributing aspect of my personality) is debating whether to call the office today and make sure we're all on the same page.... I'm pretty sure I'll give in :P

post signature

3 comments:

dad said...

Let it go. It builds character.

Amy said...

Hey, that is coming up fast! Yay!

Sammie said...

Ooh, we seem to be a lot alike.