Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Anyone else out there get Parents Magazine? Anyone else LOVE the baby bloopers section? Here are some of my faves from the past couple of months for your enjoyment on this fine Wednesday :)

"When my 3 year old daughter threw a toy at her twin brother, he ended up with a small cut and a black eye. The next night, I was reading him the story of the Good Samaritan... when I explained that one of the characters had been beaten up, he said, "Maybe his sister did it!""

"Before bed one night, I asked my two-year-old if she'd like Mommy or Daddy to read a story to her. She said she wanted Spencer, our dog, to do it. When I explained to her that Spencer couldn't read she said, "That's right, he doesn't have hands."

"Worried that our kids were growing up too fast, my husband asked our 3-year-old if she thought our family could live together forever. She looked at him and replied, "Let's just make it through today, Daddy."

"My 7-year-old asked why my baby daughter was crying. I told him she was hungry and he said, "I don't know how you can understand her accent!"

"When my 2-year-old daughter told me she wanted to marry me, I said, "But what about Mommy?" She replied, "She's nice, She'll find someone new."

"When my husband and I found out we were pregnant with our third child, we sat down with our oldest, Amelia, 4, and told her we were going to get another new baby. She immediately broke into tears and yelled, "But I want to keep Vivienne (our second)!"

"I told my 3-year-old that on the day she was born the doctor said, "It's a beautiful girl!" She asked how the doctor knew she was a girl, and I told her it's because she was born naked. She exclaimed, "Oh, so boys are born with clothes!"

Happy Wednesday :)

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I particularly liked the last one!!
Gran

Amy said...

Oh, those are hilarious!

The Goods said...

I loved it - made me smile!