Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

Any planned photo shoot with children should be approached with a realistic expectation that you may not get any good pictures should your progeny not be in a cooperative mood. I have found that the more you dress up your children and the more thought you put into the shoot, the less likely it is that you will get any decent pictures.

I had all of this in mind when we dressed our children for fall and headed to the pumpkin patch.... in 90 degree weather. In Texas it's important to create the appearance of seasons even when they do not, in fact, exist..... It helps to go in the morning so the kids don't sweat too much..... just FYI. The kids were in good moods, but were not standing still for more than 2 seconds at a time. I left thinking I had maybe 2 cute shots, but when I plugged in my camera I was more than pleasantly surprised!


At these ages, a good sibling shot is anything where they both fit in the frame..... if no one has their back to you, it is officially a GREAT sibling shot.



Is it mean to set your kids up? Like, just hypothetically, if I pointed to this pumpkin and told Micah to pick it up...



I have several pictures of him trying... he thought it was good fun! Just another precious Lizzie expression....



Cute expressions = SUPER great sibling shot... are you guys taking notes?



Classic shot..



and another...



Master of the cheesy "CHEESE" smile, this one made me laugh...



and then I saw this one and I laughed harder....



and finally this one had me laughing so hard that Nate was trying to figure out what was wrong with me. But Nate spends a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong with me anyway ;-)



Finally, Micah politely asked me to desist with the photography and I complied.


Not too shabby for 15 minutes at the patch!


Signature

4 comments:

Mom said...

I so miss not being there!

Anonymous said...

They really are great shots:)
Gran

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! Which pumpkin patch did you go to? I'm thinking about trying to take some pics of Matthew too!

Abby said...

Mom, we missed you too!

Liz- we go to St Peter's on Kingsland near Westgreen.. across from Taylor HS. You can't miss it :)